Standard Operating Procedure: Uploading and Publishing New Podcast Episodes
The purpose of this SOP is to provide clear instructions on how to upload and publish new episodes of a podcast using Buzz Sprout.
This SOP applies to all new episodes of a podcast that need to be uploaded and published on Buzz Sprout.
- Begin in Notion, where the Season 8 database is located. Locate the episode that needs to be published (in this case, Season 8, Episode 3).
- Go to Buzz Sprout. Download the audio file by clicking on the three dots, and then selecting "Download Audio."
- Verify that the title of the episode is correct.
- In Buzz Sprout, select "Upload a new episode" and choose the file to upload.
- Enter the episode title, which should be the same as the one in Notion.
- Copy and paste the episode description from Notion into the appropriate field in Buzz Sprout.
- If there are any dynamic advertisements, make sure they are correctly labeled (in this case, "Season 8, Episode 3").
- Add any additional settings, such as tags, that have been previously saved in Buzz Sprout.
- Schedule the episode for the future, or if it needs to be published immediately, select "Publish immediately."
- Notion: A productivity and organization tool for teams and individuals.
- Buzz Sprout: A podcast hosting, promotion, and analytics platform.
By following the steps outlined in this SOP, you will be able to successfully upload and publish new episodes of your podcast on Buzz Sprout. Remember to always verify that the title and episode information is correct before publishing, and to schedule the episode accordingly. Happy podcasting!