Lacey — January 15, 2023
Thank you for considering coaching with us! We are truly grateful and honored that you are considering it. You're amazing.
Below, you will find:
- My notes from our initial call
- Our current assessment of your Portuguese
- A rough draft of a coaching curriculum
- Our proposal for the coaching package
No matter what decision you make, please know that you hold a special place in our hearts. You were one of the first students who made us believe, "This could actually work!"
You helped us have faith in ourselves before we were ready, and for that, we will be forever thankful.
Without further ado,
Lacey is a such a delight to speak to.
Motivation & Goals:
- “I want to be a person that speaks a second language.”
- Open doors to an entirely new world of culture, art, literature & people
- Visiting Portugal in April — wants to really speak to people
- Lacey said that we are “people paying attention. What do you see?”
- Such a beautiful question.
- Long-term — visiting Brazil to pursue personal projects/writing/interact with real people
Assessment of current Portuguese
Oral Comprehension: Excellent. Lacey is able to understand almost everything in the CC Club classes and our podcast. She can comprehend around 60-80% of advanced material like Adventures with Alexia.
Pronunciation: There is room for improvement. Lacey is not yet familiar with a few Brazilian sounds and needs to work on developing a solid foundation in pronunciation to enhance her overall fluency.
Conversation: Lacey speaks very well. She communicates confidently, is not afraid to make mistakes, and always maintains a great attitude. As a storyteller, she often finds herself in complicated situations that are above her current level of Portuguese. There is plenty of room for improvement in her conversational fluency.
Grammar: Lacey has a solid understanding of the basic structure of Brazilian Portuguese. She would greatly benefit from phrase training and repetition to develop a more intuitive sense of Portuguese grammar.
Reading: We didn't specifically inquire about this, but assuming her reading level is quite advanced considering her oral comprehension.
Writing: Same as above, which is potentially an interesting avenue to explore since she is a creative writer.
Proposal for coaching curriculum
- We have designed an intensive six-week program, with an additional two-week buffer for unforeseen circumstances.
Pronunciation & language classes with Foster (45 mins)
- These classes will vary from week to week, but will primarily focus on the fundamentals of learning Brazilian Portuguese and ensuring that you are progressing in the right direction.
Conversation classes with Alexia (45 mins)
- These classes will primarily focus on practicing real-life conversations and discussing relevant topics that are interesting and important to you.
Personalized homework assignments
- Each week, we will provide you with a variety of training, exercises, and challenges. We will collaborate with you to create engaging and effective homework assignments.
Private Whatsapp group with Alexia & Foster
- We will use Whatsapp as a channel to share homework, provide feedback, and answer any questions that you may have.
Personalized repetition audio trainings + feedback
- Similar to the repetition audios in the "Fundamentals" course, but tailored to meet your specific needs.
Personal database + dedicated study hub
- You will have a dedicated private page on our website to track your progress and centralize all of your study materials.
If you're interested, here is a rough breakdown of how we determined our pricing:
Private classes with Alexia and Foster are priced at $30 each. Outside of classes, we plan to dedicate a similar amount of time and effort as you, which is approximately 3-5 hours per week or 28 hours in total. The cost for 12 classes plus 28 hours of work amounts to $1,200. If everything goes well, we will eventually charge a minimum of $1,000 for coaching.
As of now, you will receive:
- A special discount for CC Club.
- An extra special first "real client" discount.
- An additional special discount just for you 🥰.
If you have any questions about the pricing or need further assistance, we are more than happy to help. If you require a template to seek financial assistance from your employer or family/friends, please let us know and we will provide one.
Curriculum (draft — will be updated after program begins)
Conclusion & next steps
And that’s what we have to offer so far! 🙂
As you are our first formal potential coaching client, things will naturally evolve as we work together. If you have any questions, concerns, or changes you would like to make, please let us know.
If you think, “This sounds awesome, let’s get started!” — feel free to finish the checkout and we will do this thing!